This wintry weather makes me want to curl up on the couch with a hot cup of tea and a juicy book! The colder months are the perfect time to really focus on what you are putting in your body. I know they are notorious for packing on the pounds, but if you are mindful about your cooking, this doesn’t have to be the case!
In fact, during the winter I find we stay in more, giving us the perfect opportunity to throw together nutritious family meals. When I cook for our family during the winter, I love to use grounding, healing ingredients that warm us up, heart and soul.
Prepare this healthy plant fiber-filled feast with us!
Roasted Beet & Sweet Potato Bake
- Beets (a few whole red beets), chopped
- Sweet potatoes (a couple of whole sweet potatoes), chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chunky feta cheese, crumbled
- Sunflower seeds
- Nutritional yeast seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ as you prep the ingredients.
- Toss your beets and sweet potatoes with enough olive oil to coat and spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake your beets and sweet potatoes in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes, until tender and cooked through.
- Remove beets and sweet potatoes from the oven. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the root veggies.
- Return the mix to the oven and make until the cheese melts.
P.S. Want even more insight into my world? Join me in my FREE Facebook group, The Joy Tribe. This is a place for like-minded souls to share how they are healing themselves and the world. Our mantra is #ChooseLove and #DoGood.
I allways loose weigt in Aruba but I dont know why when is winter in The Netherlands. I am know on holidays